Monday, December 31, 2007

Comments from a new fan!

Just got back from our little annual community street festival. A few blocks of a street blocked off for half a day and all kinds of booths setup, etc. There's a small stage and the first performers were these young guys. Reading their bass drum it said 'BEN ROBINSON BAND'. They tore right into a blues song and I about dropped my soda. This kid was tearing it up on guitar the leads were blistering. At the end, they said there was a song they wanted to play that required the drummer to play 2 parts and the guitarist to play 3 parts.... they were going to give it a shot.... I knew it right away... Allman Brothers Whipping Post. Amazing.

If you hear these guys are playing somewhere locally in your area... check'em out. Here I went for the kettle corn and marine dog training demonstration and by chance I end up listening to an amazing live performance and scoring 5 CDs for $5 at a book sale that was also happening there. (I scored 3 Gaswirt Yes remasters, 1 Rush remaster and
a Philips digital classics Beethoven (Claudio Arrau) made in France PDO. A good day! :)

No comments: